Monday, November 21, 2011

Let me introduce myself!

Welcome to "My Homemade Heaven"! I'm Holly. I've been married to my best friend and forever love for over five years now. He's my "Babe". He makes me laugh constantly. He knows me better than I know myself...especially when it comes to serving as my second brain since the one within my skull is often AWOL. I'm a stay-at-home-mom to one amazing little boy. He's my little "Bean". Someone surly blessed us when this smart, funny little man came into our lives. He teaches me something new everyday. It is such a wonderful gift to watch childhood innocence and simplicity. Often, I think he has it right, and the rest of us have it wrong. I would be remiss if I didn't also mention my foxhound, whom I will lovingly refer to as "Pooch Nugget" here. He's a sweet, gentle soul. And while I sometimes want to ship him off to doggie boarding school, he is a part of our pack.

I pretty much fell into being a SAHM, but I have grown to truly love it. I get to see my son grow and change everyday; learning all the complexities of life through the simplest actions. He teaches me quite a bit, too. I know I take it for granted at times, but I try to savor the time we have together. Before I know it, he will be too old for kisses and nicknames like "Bean". In the meantime, I can hug and squeeze him, and he can slime me from sunup to sundown.

Making some changes in our life, I've been driven to get a little more creative with our budget. Add that to growing up with my parents' eco-friendly ways, and you have the me of today. I believe in reusing and repurposing where I'm able. I try to see past a product's original use, but, admittedly, I often need the help of others to get the creative juices flowing. That being said, I try to give credit where credit is due. I also believe in feeding my family homemade alternatives to all of the processed, packaged food that is so readily available these days. Don't get me wrong, I love a doughnut and latte as I walk through the grocery store every Monday, but I try to make my everyday foods healthier. Most of all, I believe in creating a home that comforts and inspires my family. I hope that what I share can inspire you to create your own "homemade heaven"!

No comments:

Post a Comment